We, Moxtain, are an adrenaline driven trekking community. We organize treks seeking to provide you with a fine, raw and wild mountaineering experience with the help of our experienced trek leaders and great itineraries keeping quality, service and safety at the vanguard.
Our facilities include hygienic food, sturdy equipment, and comfortable accommodation among others. Our philosophy is to operate with small groups to provide a more personalized attention and less environmental impact.
Currently, we will be accepting booking through online mode only. You can book trek with us:
- From our site via BOOK NOW option for trek you choose to book with us.
- From events created on our Facebook page of Moxtain.
- You can also book trip with us via mail communication on our registered email-id.
Once you choose the trek then you will need to fill up the booking form with required details, make payments to confirm your reservations. Once it is done all details along with the confirmation of booking will be emailed to you.
We always recommend you to pack as light as possible however the specific requirement for your trip and it varies according to trek itinerary and conditions which vary trek to trek. Please find the common list we suggest you as essentials while trekking.
Other Trekking Gear: - Lamp
- Rucksack [Preferably 50-70 L]
- Quick-Drying Travel Towel
- Sleeping Bag Liner
- Water Bottle / Thermal Bottle
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Hand sanitizer gel and soapHead
- Toilet paper
- Batteries, memory cards
Personal Medical Kit: - Band-Aids,
- Cipro (or other stomach antibiotic)
- Amoxicillin (or other basic antibiotic to treat sinus infections)
- Rehydration packets
- Duct tape (magic in preventing and managing blisters)
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 18 travellers on a trip but the average is 12.
- In case of any possible emergency situation Moxtain will be making arrangements for you to reach the nearest road and stay from where further rescue can be carried. Here it should be understood that Moxtain is not liable to pay for any expenses during rescue activity if you are sent down. Only you will be solely responsible for bearing all the expenses of the whole rescue activity before or later. Moxtain is not liable to pay for the expenses in rescue activity if you are sent down.
- Evacuation or dealing with emergencies is extremely difficult in the mountains. It is time-consuming as well. A normal trek of 2 hours may take 6 hours in an emergency (a sick person is not easy to evacuate). Doctors do not go along with a team. Doctors are not available at the base camp or nearest road head either. Moxtain trek leaders are trained to administer first aid and know how to deal with issues related to the mountains. However, they are not doctors.
- Registering for this trek is an understanding that you have read up on the difficulties of high altitude trekking and understand the risks. You have also understood what AMS, HAPE and HACE are. You have taken efforts to educate yourself and you are in a position to manage your own altitude related emergency.