A less popular trek among the general trekkers, probably considered as one toughest trek, The Auden's Col trek at 5490 meters, requires technical Mountaineering skills, as the trail includes rappelling for descending the steep and roping-up for crossing the glacier with crevasses. Though it's one of the two treks that connect the pilgrim centers of Gangotri & Kedarnath, the other being Mayali Pass, the trek is kind of isolated, yet a wonderful one. Though being one of the most wonderful treks, it is recommended only for experienced trekkers, as the Col and the glaciers in the trail are counted with a no. of crevasses. The trail to Auden's Col begins from Gangotri (3050 meters), and along the Bhagirathi river, southwards to the Gangotri Massif. The trail to the Col becomes magnificent as we move. Counted among the toughest and most technical treks, hence the trail is further continued by proper Acclimatization and safety.
The Auden's Col connects the ridge between the Gangotri III and Jogin I and reached from the Rudragaira Glacier and then further on reaching the col, the magnificent view of the two Valleys on both the sides and the High Peaks, leave you mesmerized. Further, the trail leads through a steep cliff and this is where the trek introduces you to the technical aspects of mountaineering, where the trail is negotiated by rappelling, from the Khatling glacier side which is the originating point of the Bhilganga river, and the trail continues along the same river.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Moxtain will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please email us at email@example.com
Cancellation charges are based on the total trek fee, irrespective of the amount paid either full or partial.
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.