Bara Bhangal Trek is surely not for beginners, the reason being it's exhausting terrain and the long duration. It takes you from the green pastures of Kullu to the stark landscapes of Bara Bhangal Range. But the trek is itself rewarding, it doesn't have a certain summit point as the trek is named after a village at 2900 m but the whole trek is itself made-up of beautiful challenges of the river crossing, beautiful glacial lakes and two passes ?the Kalihani Pass and the Thamsar pass'.
The 11-day trek beginning from Manali includes the wide pastures, dense forests, crossing rivers, glacial lakes, the mesmerizing views of the snow-clad peaks to finally reach Riyali Thach. Where most of the treks include a summit point where you witness a high peak or cross a path, this trek improves your trekking adventure to another level. The route includes the mesmerizing view of some of the mighty peaks, namely Dev Tibba, Indrasan and peaks of the Bara Shigri Glacier and that too from different faces. The trek crosses two passes, namely Kalihani Pass and the Thamsar Pass, which not only improve your trekking experience but also add an acclimatization walk to your route. Along with this, you experience another adventure of the river crossing, the flow and the chill of the river water adds an amazing experience to your trek. After that you witness some of the high altitude glacial lakes, call it icing on the cakes. This trek is counted among the toughest treks in the Himachal and is a must-to-do trek to enhance your bond with the Himalayas.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Moxtain will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please email us at email@example.com
Cancellation charges are based on the total trek fee, and same for full and partial payment modes.
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.