Placed around Manali, the Beas Kund Trek is another term for fascination. Beas Kund Trek is not only popular among trekkers and wanderlusts. But it also attracts nature lovers. Beas Kund is a lake that is nestled in the lap of the mountains of Himachal Pradesh. At an altitude of 3700 metres, the Kund is the origin point of river Beas. The location makes for an amazingly picturesque travel destination and an even better summer trek, to rewind and rejuvenate amidst nature.
Manali is not just known for its natural charm, it is the place where one of the most mesmerising trek trails? resides. The Beas Kund Trek is one among the most undertaken treks, and the location also makes for an enthralling weekend getaway. This trek is an ensemble of natural beauty, view of the mountains, interesting landscapes, and serenity. The locations that fall en-route the trek are, the Pir Panjal Mountains, Dhundi, Hanuman Tibba, Indrasan Peak, Deo Tibba, etc. The trail of this trek ranges from easy to moderate, which makes it manageable even for the beginners.
About the Beas Kund Trek-
The Beas Kund trek is a 3-day trek, while it can also be spread over 5- 6 days, depending on the number and ease of the trekkers. The total distance ranges from 47 to 49 kms. The Beas Kund trek makes for an ideal summer trek. The best months to venture here would be May and October. The winter months are not quite preferable due to the stark temperature fall and biting cold. Carrying a few eatables and drinking water is a nice idea since there are not many stops, where one can find food. The Beas Kund trek is one of the most mesmerising treks in the country. The beauty of the mountains, walking along a glacial lake, magnificent views, momentary camera shots, sleeping under the starry sky, taste of the serene and simplistic life- all amount to a worth living for the experience.
Manali is the base camp for the Beas Kund trek. Manali is well connected to most parts of the country, and taking a bus might be a good option. There are a number of public as well as private buses, available from Delhi, for Manali. If travelling by air is more suitable, then one should opt for a flight to Bhuntar. Bhuntar is just 52 kms away from Manali.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.