The Deoriatal-Chandrashila Trek is a weekend trek in Uttarakhand that takes you through Chopta, Deoriatal Lake and Chandrashila peak. You may embark upon this short trek to revitalize yourself with some of the elegant offerings of nature in the form of soothing climate, mountain birds, dense forests with maple, rhododendron and oak trees, and captivating views of peaks like Trishul and Nanada Devi.Deoriatal
While the trail to Chopta is all about luxuriant meadows and mountainous dwellings amid the Himalayan ranges, the further march takes you to the Tungnath peak which sits at a height of about 3700m. Tungnath also features the highest Shiva shrine in the world. Further into the trek, Lake Deoriatal would mesmerize you with its charm and here you’d get to see animals and birds drinking slurping its shimmering water. This trek is recommended for post-monsoon season where the snow-clad mountains would let you admire and experience the bliss of eternity.Chandrashila Peak
As for the level of difficulty, the trek is considered as a fairly easier one though some abrupt climbs and rugged terrain may test your trekking skills from time to time. The trek to the summit of Chandrashila at about 4000m and marks the final leg of your uphill journey, whereupon it would be a return to Chopta, the base camp. This six day trail would involve trekking almost 30 kms and with salubrious weather in this region, one can always expect a great time here.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.