Devkyara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful treks in the Western Himalayas. 'Bugyal', is the term coined for the vast beautiful grasslands in the Uttarakhand Hills. Devkyara is surrounded by a number of peaks. The entire trek all the way to the Devkyara Bugyal is very different from what you have seen on other treks in Uttarakhand. Devkyara is a very less explored trek, The trail is full of alpine meadows, moraines, glaciers, and large pine forests. Before the route being explored as a trek, the locals used to carry out traditional yatras to the Bugyal to celebrate their local customs. Since the route isn't much infested by the trekking activities and hence the local flora and fauna is still visible easily. Black bears, wild boars, and langur families are a few of the animals that may be easily spotted while trekking this route. The colorful Himalayan Monal, the state bird of Uttarakhand, is a major attraction, and if you are lucky, you might spot more than one of this royal magnificent bird.
Devkyara Bugyal stands 3,745 metres above sea level between the twin valleys of Rupin-Supin, with a diameter of around 4km. With Devkyara bugyal route being recognized as a trek, it will be soon be a popular among the trekkers community for it's majestic and beautiful route and meadow. The trek starts from Jakhol village, not much developed to accomodate the trekkers and hence as of now, the day before the trek commencing is spend at Sankri only. From Jakhol village, the Bugyal has two routes. One of the which is a 40km long trek and takes you through Hom Fatra, Charot, Dhokariand Raukai Tal offering majestic glimpses of snow-capped peaks. Another route is a 30km long trek which passes through Obra, Devaka and Raukai Tal with pleasant views of the splendid Supin river.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Moxtain will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please email us at email@example.com
Cancellation charges are based on the total trek fee, irrespective of the amount paid either full or partial.
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.