Ganga, often worshipped as Goddess in India, a sign of purity and spirituality serves as a lifeline to millions of Indians who live along its course and depend on it for their daily needs. Gomukh, a place in Gangotri glacier located at an elevation of 3889m is the birth source to river ganga. Witnessing Ganga's birth source has always been a golden opportunity for people and the shine in their eyes while having the dip in the Gomukh is never less than a million dollars. Gomukh means mouth of a cow. Why is this place referred to mouth of a cow, I asked to a pilgrim who was standing next to me looking flawlessly at the people who were in water, The sages called it 'Gomukh', because it probably appeared like a cow's mouth in the past., he added.
The element of trek from Bhojwassa to Gomukh is amazing, the essence of panoramic view of Bhagirathi group of peaks is pure enough to energize one to follow his commitment to Gomukh glacier. I felt it's not just the religious spirit that energizes one after a dip in such chilling water, but also the natural scenic beauty that is responsible for an appraisal to such a wonderful experience!
Gaumukh-Tapovan is a moderate-difficult trek. While the Gangotri-Gaumukh trail is fairly moderate and is often used by pilgrims, the Gaumukh-Tapovan trail demands experience. One who have done a couple of high-altitude treks like Roopkund can opt for it but a beginner must never prefer it.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Moxtain will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please email us at email@example.com
Cancellation charges are based on the total trek fee, irrespective of the amount paid either full or partial.
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.