Imagine your sight dissolving into a distant dream of being in the heavenly meadows along with rivers flowing downstream. The Tarsar & Marsar twin lakes trek in Kashmir is one such trek to quench both the adrenaline rush and your search for solace, leaving you with a million memories to cherish for life.
Witness the velvety grasslands, pine trees as high as the sky, fragrant valleys. Walk through little thatched roofs, Calming stillness of azure waters, camping by the glacial lakes and you will truly agree that if there is any view to come close to the sight of paradise, this is it!?
About Tarsar Marsar Lake
Kashmir is an experience that never fails to mesmerize one with it?s beauty. The trek will start from Srinagar which is well connected to the major cities of the country through airways, railways and roadways.
Set in the backdrop of Kashmir is a beautiful trek to the almond shaped twin lakes. The Tarsar Lake situated at an altitude of 12,450 (3,795m.) is surrounded by peaks of the kolahoi mountain and water so clear; it changes with reflection of the sky. Separated by a mountain is Marsar Lake, situated near Dachigam National Park. There are some things exclusively special to trekking on the twin lakes trek, crossing lovely meadows and the ethereal landscapes on the way. It brings to you a view of Kashmir that you may have missed.
Best time to trek
Best time to trek at the twin lake is from april to September. The view and weather is best for trekking in June and July as the weather is clear and greener.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.
If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh etc.), Moxtain will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed upto same amount for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
In case you wish to cancel your trek please email us at email@example.com
Cancellation charges are based on the total trek fee, irrespective of the amount paid either full or partial.
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.