Valley of Flowers "Foolon ki Ghati" is one of the most famous monsoon trek located in Uttarakhand, Himalayas. Best time to visit here in July to August. This valley was declared as National Park in 1982 and is famous for its rich flora and fauna, which includes a variety of colorful flowers along with rare and endangered species.
This whole vibrant valley is a combination of panoramic mountain ranges, lush green meadows, colorful flowers and clouds which all together make it the best destinations for nature lovers, photographers and Botanists. There are so many fairy tales associated with this valley and the most common of them is falling unconscious from the scents of flowers. Valley of Flowers trek starts from the pilgrimage trail of Govind Ghat, Uttarakhand and night stay for all the days will be in Lodge or Homestays as settlement and grazing is not allowed in this Valley. So the best place nearby to stay is Ghangharia.
Health and Safety
- For any Himalayan Trek, Ideal BMI for a trekker should be 18.5 to 24.9
- To keep a check of this please calculate BMI here
- Below given Safety checks should be done to get prepared for any Himalayan Trek.
- Balance : As well said a balanced mind and body gives out best in every condition and that too works in Himalayan treks as well.
- Legs Strength : Body and Legs Strength is required to carry body weight as well as the backpack while trekking in uneven multi terrains. Generally, a good strength on legs works out good in any Trek. One can gain legs strength by doing simple Squats.
- Muscle Flexibility : While trekking in Trans Himalayan region with a flexible body one can easily achieve full range of movement and this can be really helpful for trekkers as well as trek leads. A good flexible will be an advantage while walking on trails, climbing and river crossing etc. Flexibility can be achieved by simple stretching, yoga etc.
- Cardiovascular Endurance : Cardiovascular endurance is defined as the ability of lungs and heart to transmit oxygen to the body muscles. All Himalayan treks are basically ascending descending the slopes and for this trekkers should be having a good cardiovascular endurance. Anyone planning for a Himalayan trek can attain this capacity by doing any cardio exercise like running, swimming, cycling etc.